NEW: IA2 can now print on demand flyers and posters from the IA2 / ASTHO and NCUIH suite of materials below and send directly to your tribal office or urban Indian health center!
Print requests are limited to $250 in materials per tribe or urban Indian center. To place your order now or see pricing per item click the print icon to the right or click here.
IA2 previously created a state-of-the art suite of materials, with funding from the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) as part of a CDC-funded initiative to inform and educate tribal community members about the direct relationship between heart and brain health.
Materials are intended for American Indian and Alaska Native communities and can be posted in senior centers and inter-tribal organizations, healthcare facilities, administrative offices, tribal newspapers/radio stations, and as mailers to tribal members. You can disseminate flyers within healthcare offices, senior centers, and through events such as health fairs, festivals, and other relevant affairs.
The provider guide is intended to support healthcare providers and administrators to inform and guide their conversations with American Indian and Alaska Native patients about the connections between brain health, including risk factors, protective health behaviors, and key messages.
Other Available Resources for Native American Elders, Caregivers, and Healthcare Providers
This training is designed for trainers working with American Indian and Alaska Native caregivers who care for an elder with memory loss and thinking problems (dementia). One of the main themes of the Savvy Caregiver in Indian Country Trainer’s Manual is to teach caregivers to know the stage of dementia corresponding to their loved one’s functioning. Knowing how to determine the stage allows the caregiver to use activates and tasks that fit the elder’s changing abilities.
- Talking Points for Elders and Caregivers by National Indian Health Board
- Talking Points for Healthcare Providers and Public Health Professionals
- Talking Points for Tribal Leaders
- Healthy Heart, Healthy Brain Urban Flyer Adaptation
- Healthy Heart, Healthy Brain, Urban Poster Adaptation
- Animated Video: Keeping Wisdom Keepers Healthy
- Animated Video: Recognizing the Signs of Alzheimer’s in Wisdom Keepers
- Animated Video: Wisdom Keepers Living Healthfully with Alzheimer’s
- Social Media Graphics Series: Early Detection Matters
- Social Media Graphics Series: Help the Wisdom Keepers Keep Their Wisdom
- Social Media Graphics Series: Reduce Your Risk
- Download The Toolkit!
- American Indian/Alaska Native Adults Subjective Cognitive Decline Infographic
- American Indian/Alaska Native Adults Caregiving Infographic
- Indian Country Resources for Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia